The City of Edmonton, which is funding the Make Something Edmonton initiative and has appointed the co-chairs to lead and assemble the volunteer Make Something Edmonton task force, owns this Web site.
The City of Edmonton ("the City") either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content ("the Content") that is made available to you on this website, or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property to use the Content on this website.
YOU MAY USE THIS WEBSITE ONLY IF YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS.
The City grants to you a limited license to display on your computer, print, download and use all Content that is made available to you on this Web site, only if you agree to the following terms:
- You will only use the Web site for personal, educational or non-commercial purposes.
- You will not modify the Content of the web site and you will display the Copyright notice and this Conditions of Use on each copy of the Web site.
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this Web site by hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching commenting guidelines, or any other similar malicious, careless or negligent conduct.
- You agree not to upload content or computer code of any type to this Web site.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this Web site and that you have only a limited right to use this Web site.
- You acknowledge that the City does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this Web site.
- You acknowledge that the City is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this Web site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in Alberta with respect to your use of the Web site and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the Web site will take place in the Judicial District of Edmonton.
- You agree to grant the City all intellectual property rights in the content of any e-mail that you send to the City.
If you do not agree to all of these terms, you must log off this Web site immediately.
The City does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any information on this Web site. This Web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors and the information is provided without warranty or condition of any kind.
The City of Edmonton recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of a person's personal information is important. The City of Edmonton has developed a Web Privacy Code that outlines how the City of Edmonton obtains, retains, and uses personal information obtained through this Web site.
This website may contain links to other websites. The City of Edmonton is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites.
All product names mentioned on this Web site are the trademarks of their respective owners. No Endorsement
The City does not endorse any products or services that may be referred to in, or linked to, this Web site.
COMMENT FEATURES AND COMMENTING GUIDELINES
The views of commenters participating in this website do not necessarily represent the views of the Make Something Edmonton task force, or the City of Edmonton. Task force staff monitor the input and may participate or intervene, as appropriate.
In the case of ongoing investigations or legal proceedings, neither task force staff nor the City of Edmonton will be able to comment.
A valid email address is required for every comment. This address will only be used by the Make Something Edmonton task force if it has a question in response to your comment. It will not be used for any other purpose by the Make Something Edmonton task force or the City of Edmonton.
All comments will be moderated and reviewed by Make Something Edmonton task force staff. Please keep in mind that Make Something Edmonton will not tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. Make Something Edmonton staff also reserve the right to edit or refuse comments that meet any of the following conditions:
- Contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- Serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- Messages where the sender is not the author
- Messages for advertising purposes
- Announcements from labour or political organizations
- Messages written in a language other than English
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages, and
- Any other message that the forum moderators feel will not add to the normal flow of debate.
Comments meeting any of the above conditions will be removed. This includes any content quoted through a trackback mechanism. Trackbacks that violate the comment policy will be deleted.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment. Information you provide will be monitored for inappropriate or unnecessary personal information or images about the submitter or a third party, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and that of a third party.
PROJECTS DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE MAY BE REMOVED
The site administrator reserves the right to remove projects that are deemed overly commercial or promotional, or that contain content that is racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, or insulting.